Wednesday, January 26, 2022 – 4:00pm
All are welcome to attend via the ZOOM LINK
Click HERE to view the Agenda
The Old St. Mary’s School Board welcomes you to the 17th year of excellence in faith-filled education. Dictated by the Archdiocese of Chicago, our board is considered a Board of Specified Jurisdiction. It is comprised of 11 members intended to bring professional expertise in the specified areas to enhance educational and spiritual leadership.
The Pastor and Principal invite its members to the board in order to provide for a strong infrastructure for the school in Planning, Development, Finance and Facilities Maintenance, and Marketing, Recruitment and Enrollment Management. An individual is recommended by the Executive Committee and appointed by the Pastor. Selection is based on a certain skill set and expertise in one of the above mentioned areas of board responsibility.
Up to twenty percent (20%) may be non-Catholic
Parents of current students (up to 25%)
Alumni/ae and parents of alumni/ae
Leaders within the neighborhood, business, and professional communities
Board Members are appointed to serve on a task team based upon their expertise and desire. The task teams are project-directed groups focused on the school's implementation of its Strategic Plan. Other interested individuals from the parish, school, and/or civic communities are recruited to join the task teams as well, to help accomplish the projects of the task team. Board Members’ commitment is to come prepared to Board meetings and actively participate on one of the Standing Task Teams.
If you have ideas, insights, or any questions related to the School Board or one of the Task Teams, please reach out to a School Board member.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED:
Old St. Mary’s School embarked on a strategic planning process in 2018 and implemented its plan around four pillars: Catholic Identify, Academic Excellence, Governance & Leadership, and Financial Vitality. Four Task Teams were created in the 2019-20 Academic year and parents were invited to join those task teams. Below is additional information about some of the work being done around each of these areas and information on how you can become involved. Further below are additional opportunities for parents to become involved in the broader church community.
OSM School’s Strategic Plan’s Task Teams:
CATHOLIC IDENTITY- Co-Chairs: Mary Brown & Sonjia Waxmonsky
· Sign up to volunteer for weekly Masses HERE
· Volunteer to be a greeter or usher (and earn volunteer hours) or livestream from home any of the three weekend masses: https://oldstmarys.com/
· If you have an interest serving on this Task Team, reach out to Mary Brown at Mary.Clark@chrobinson.com
ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE – Co-Chairs: Kimberly Cook & Matt Smith
· Last year, our Academic Excellence team focused on supporting teacher retention. This year, a large initiative is finding ways to support the school’s mission for stronger academic excellence.
· If you have an interest serving on this Task Team, reach out to Matt Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to view Academic Knight Video.
GOVERNANCE AND LEADERSHIP- seeking new chairs
DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION COMMITTEE – Co-Chairs: Jen Funches & Quinn Harris
· If you have an interest serving as a co-chair on this Task Team, reach out to Laura Vinci at email@example.com.
· At the beginning of the school year, the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee was created. If you have an interest in serving on the Diversity and Inclusion Committee, please complete this form.
To read our Diversity Statement, please click HERE
DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITY COMMITTEE
· This year’s Blue Ribbon Annual Fund is supporting two priorities: Supporting the livelihood of our Teachers and Supporting our Families via Tuition Assistance. These priorities remind us that we are all in this together.
· Please consider a donation to this year’s Blue Ribbon Annual Fund as a show of our gratitude to our amazing teachers and in support of OSM families. Learn more and make a donation HERE
· This year the Development Activity Committee was created. If you have an interest serving on this Task Team or on the Development Activity Committee, click here to reach out to Jane Domingo to learn more firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Family and School Association provides opportunities to get involved:
FAMILY AND SCHOOL ASSOCIATION: There are also opportunities to get involved through the Family and School Association (“FSA”) – click HERE to learn about opportunities to get involved with our FSA: https://www.osmschool.com/family-and-school-association
Other ways to get involved in our Old St. Mary’s Community:
SCHOOL FINANCE SUB-COMMITTEE OF THE PARISH FINANCE COUNCIL
· If you or someone you know has an interest in serving on the Stewardship Sub-Committee of the Parish Finance Council, please reach out to Vanessa Vergara, Chair of the Parish Finance Council, at email@example.com.
· If you or someone you know has an interest in serving on the Parish Council, please contact Dean Molitor, Chair of the Parish Council, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional background, please click here to review Old St. Mary’s School Strategic Plan
2021-2022 Board of Specified Jurisdiction
Angie Campone -FSA President
Maryellen Harrington - Director of Lifelong Faith Formation (Ex-officio)
Laura Vinci - Chair
Jose Rodriguez - Vice Chair
Fr. Brad Schoeberle, CSP - Pastor
Diana Smith - Principal
2021-22 OSM School Board Meetings
A zoom link will be sent out to OSM families in the Sunday update prior to the meeting.